Meet Mitch Irwin
I have been in the mortgage business for over 10 years. My success stems from being very good at the basics: credit report analysis, budget preparation to make sure you can truly afford the home (not just qualify), timeline expectations and discussing the pros and cons of your mortgage options. Mastering the basics helps ensure your home ownership process will go smoothly during and after closing.
Over 10 years, I have helped clients buy or refinance all types of properties; but what I'm best known for is being an expert within the family law community. I help divorce attorneys, mediators and their clients address housing and mortgage issues while the divorce is in process. I communicate the lending guidelines to be aware of and determine if one party can afford to keep the home, whether the vacating spouse will be able to buy a home, and what language needs to be in the decree so the parties can achieve their individual goals.
Personally, I live in Hastings with my wife and 2 young boys. I try to golf in the summer and snowmobile in the winter; but more often you will find me pulling the wagon down to the park to watch my boys play!
I look forward to helping with your home loan needs.
Our process is smooth and simple from start to finish:
- Talk with me. I will work with you to help you determine your financing options and answer all your questions.
- Apply Online. Complete your mortgage application at your convenience through our online application.
- Work together through final approval. From the time your application is received, I work with you to ensure you move through the process checkpoints to final approval.
- Closing on your loan. Prior to loan closing, I will review the Closing Disclosure, funds needed and documentation to bring to close with you. On closing day the final documents are signed at the title company and you receive the keys to your new home!
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
Thank you for all of your help. I really appreciate all that you did, especially the follow-up. Thanks for making it so easy to complete. I will continue to refer you to anyone going through a divorce.
Thanks for answering all of our first-time homebuyer questions; I know there were a lot! You were great to work with, and I'd highly recommend you to anyone.
I don't think I would've appreciated all of your knowledge in the divorce area if I hadn't met with the person at Burnet first. Thank you for walking me through this and coordinating things with my accountant to make sure it's in my budget and saving the most on my taxes.
Mitch saved me over $300/month compared to what the other lender I was working with proposed. That's a lot less overtime I'll have to work!
Thank you for all your patience with my repititive questions. My brain is not quite clicking as it should, divorce is so stressful! You've done a great job explaining (repeatedly) and helping piece together our settlement. Thanks so much for everything. You can count on me for referrals anytime it comes up!
Mitch is simply one of the best in the business. We have not only referred our clients and family to Mitch, but have also used him for many of our personal transactions as well. He is experienced, explains the loan process in detail, and is always one step ahead to ensure a smooth closing.
Melanie & John W.
I wanted to start buying investment property two years ago, but all of the loan officers I met with were either too pushy or didn't understand my goals. Mitch is very patient and wanted to truly help me. Now, we've reduced our payments by $800/month and have started buying income-producing properties. Thanks, Mitch!